News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: God Vs. Something Else  (Read 18448 times)

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: God Vs. Something Else
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Ah its just something to think about, As far is how complex it is... How long would it take to evolve that puppy? :)
haha ok I get it now :D billions and billions of years. Which we have had :p lol

JACk46d9

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2010, 06:16:50 AM »
dude redrum, that **** was so funny i laughed my ass off ahahahahahahahah southpark rules !!!!!

Offline Casper

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »
WIN!!!!! WIN!!!!! WIN!!!!! hahaha +1 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline LoveoftheDark

• 01001001 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101110 00101
  • Since: 17/04/2010
    • Loves Deviant Art
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
I was raised to believe that there was only one God, and that those who did not believe would burn in hell...

Well, I guess I'll take hell, because I have too many friends of differing religions, and I feel like a hypocrite telling them that because of how they were raised and what they were told, that they are going to hell...when in fact, some of them may have the correct answer. until God calls me on the phone or appears in my car to say...HEY, This is the right way, then I have no choice but to be open minded and hope that theres a good place for everyone when we die.
Besides...
The biblical "Father" Is supposed to be a perfect Father, right? What would a perfect Father do? Punish his children for all eternity for having a disagreement with him? Expose his beloved children to the lake of fire forever because they never heard about him? (there are plenty of places who have other religions, far older than the 2000 year old christianity) Nah...it doesn't add up.

My turn.

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »
I was raised to believe that there was only one God, and that those who did not believe would burn in hell...

Well, I guess I'll take hell, because I have too many friends of differing religions, and I feel like a hypocrite telling them that because of how they were raised and what they were told, that they are going to hell...when in fact, some of them may have the correct answer. until God calls me on the phone or appears in my car to say...HEY, This is the right way, then I have no choice but to be open minded and hope that theres a good place for everyone when we die.
Besides...
The biblical "Father" Is supposed to be a perfect Father, right? What would a perfect Father do? Punish his children for all eternity for having a disagreement with him? Expose his beloved children to the lake of fire forever because they never heard about him? (there are plenty of places who have other religions, far older than the 2000 year old christianity) Nah...it doesn't add up.

Throw some facts in there.
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
Scientists say Life came from matter but they can't prove it. That is essential to the theory of Evolution.

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »
Ah its just something to think about, As far is how complex it is... How long would it take to evolve that puppy? :)
haha ok I get it now :D billions and billions of years. Which we have had :p lol

I find it interesting that 70% of mutations are DAMAGING. And the rest are neutral or weakly beneficial.
Take 1 step forward 2 steps back. We are devolving.

Offline Casper

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
But back before we had all this technology, a mutation would either cause us to be deformed (unnattractive) and we couldnt reproduce, or we wouldnt live long enough to pass on our genes. Of course, that was before pity and science :D

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
But back before we had all this technology, a mutation would either cause us to be deformed (unnattractive) and we couldnt reproduce, or we wouldnt live long enough to pass on our genes. Of course, that was before pity and science :D

I think damaged genes are why lifespans are getting shorter. Modern Technology is just that, And has not been around very long. But is helping us do what our bodies no longer can. (Fight disease)

Don't you find it strange that man according to evolution and the speed that things evolve,  have been at our current stange of evolution for a really long ass time. And we just now achieved the technology level we are at NOW..... We are extremely primitive. It did not take LONG at all to achieve this level of technology. And if 1 good evolutionary change takes a million years or even 50,000 years, Where is our past? Why are  we not  flying around in spaceships already.

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 07:13:10 PM »
And if 1 good evolutionary change takes a million years or even 50,000 years, Where is our past? Why are  we not  flying around in spaceships already.

True.  Star Trek would be much closer to reality if mainstream School-taught Science were accurate. 

I'm still gonna chime in on this.  Just dreading the multiple hours it will take me to write an informative and articulate post containing my findings on the matter...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Casper

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
Haha well our technology hasnt been around too long. Most of the evolution occured before we were even advanced enough to use sticks to eat bugs. The major part of our evolution is from single cell to multi cell. from there, it was just how the cells coallese. Its like building a car. It would take longest to make the individual pieces one bye one than it would to put them together and make a vehicle

Offline Tits_McGee

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Since: 08/10/2009
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2010, 01:41:54 PM »
I am an atheist buddhist. They are not mutally exclusive despite what a lot of people think. I don't mind believers though, after all I married a born again christian.

Offline inka

• q-_-p
  • Since: 23/06/2009
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 07:00:32 AM »
I am an atheist buddhist.
In my opinion that is the best religeon It encouages people to be nice to everyone and every thing.
   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

By Inka[1up]

Offline Casper

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
Haha i feel dumb for not knowing this, but what is atheistic bhuddism?

Offline Casper

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
Haha sounds good :D