News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Netradiant compatible with UrT?  (Read 613 times)

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • A Games Industries
Netradiant compatible with UrT?
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
I used to play and map for a game called Nexuiz. Nexuiz's designers, Alientrap, designed a GTKradiant clone called Netradiant. Netradiant is compatible with Nexuiz, Warsow, and Q2. I was wondering if anyone made UrT maps via NetRadiant and knew how to upload textures into the program.
Thanks, Power

Offline Biohazard

• Hazardous Productions In The Making
  • Lies Feed the Demons, Love Feeds the Angels.
  • Since: 18/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Netradiant compatible with UrT?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
Your best bet would be to use gtkradiant, I highly doubt netradiant is sufficient enough for Urt.

If you are looking to map, use gtkradiant, more specifically, 1.5
You pray for less idiots, but you get more.
You pray for love, you get hate.
You pray for power, you get shot.

Biohazard: C. Moore
RenaRyuuguu: See more what?
Biohazard: C. Moore Hax

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
Ah, that's the problem. I have a Mac. I can DL GTK, I follow all the Mac steps and yet, the app doesn't open. I can open the actual thing, but it won't open a window or anything. Then I got the latest version of X11 (req'd for Mac's GTKradiant) and still won't do anything. That's when I opened a random map from UrT in NetRadiant and it worked, but the textures didn't work at all. Any help you can offer, Macradiant users?

Offline SlimPickins

• Since: 10/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »
How are you installing the X11 stuff? Manually? There is a great program called "fink" that works similar to modern Linux package managers and will auto-resolve dependencies (I think) and such. I've only used it briefly on an old iMac I used to have, but I was able to get things like Gimp installed without any issues.

MacPorts is another one I've heard about that I believe tries to implement a BSD-style ports system (similar to emerge in Gentoo). It's basically a source based package manager (versus binary), where it automatically downloads the source code, dependencies, and compiles packages for you.

Both of these options (and there may be others) will likely have a package search feature on their respective websites, so you can check and even see if the program you want is even available before messing with them.

- Pickins

"As far as I'm concerned, you could be a rainbow-coloured pie-sexual unicorn for all I care, if you're cool to play with then it's all good 8)" - KD197