News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: 1up ModRcon Ver 1.5.1.0 Now Available  (Read 14811 times)

Offline DankRider

• Since: 27/02/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • FSK405
Re: 1up ModRcon Ver 1.0.0.0 (RC1) Now Available
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »
.:Clarification:. For Tesla[1up]

- Auto Query Status: will automatically update the the server "Status" in predefined intervals showing "Players Slot Number/IP's" . Such as updating once a minute.

- Save Console Log: Will create a continuous .txt log file logging "Time Stamps/Players Slot Number/ IP's", as Auto Query Status attains info.

- Put them together: you have a poor mans server log on your home computer for a quick reference. Mind you I completely understand all this information is tracked in the server logs. Function RCON users have used in the past.  I have found it useful to look up a player quickly without having to download the server log file. I will admit B3 "Big Brother Bot" and its Web Gui add-on tool "Echelon" is the most efficient way to track and view all of the servers actions, but that's getting a bit off topic. 

Regardless Mighty fine job with your commander, its clean, looks great, and is easy to use.  We FSK405'rs will definitely add it to the tool box.

See ya in the server, thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:20:14 PM by DankRider »

Offline Frog

• Since: 02/03/2010
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »
First off  let me thank you for your hard work and diligence in creating this tool!  Well done. 

I have been testing your application on our FSK405 servers for the past week.  I like DankRider have been using Fragomatic's rcon tool for the past umpteen years, so that is the closest thing I have for a comparison.  As they seem to do many of the same things your tool is better laid out and is by far easier to teach Rcon to newer users.   Not to mention as far as I can tell, Fragomatic is not developing his tool anymore.  It is what it is.  That being said your tool has a huge upside.  I do have some suggestions if you are willing to lend an ear.

Suggestion:
I have not been able to figure out how to add commands to the Auto-complete without manually editing your RconCmd.db, which BTW works well.  Is there a way you can create a method to allow easy additions to this db?  Maybe under the Menu → Tools → Auto-Complete list. 

Additional commands that are used on FSK servers listed below:
g_allowvote
g_gear
g_hotpotato
g_knockback
g_password
g_respawndelay
g_respawnprotection
g_waverespawns
g_redwave
g_bluewave

Suggestion 2: 
I have a visual impairment/issue with black/white.  Would you consider making it where the user can select alternative background and text colors within the console?   This is would be a nice feature request for a future release.

Once again, I am excited to see people put forth the effort to keep UrT alive.  You have made it easy for us older guys to teach server administration to the newer folks. Keep up the great work and if you ever need to find Dank or Me we are always in our TS2 (Soon moving to TS3) at:
TS2 Server Address:  fsk405.com

ps.  I also use the features that Dank spoke about in his previous posts but didn't want to beat that horse... Auto-Status-Refresh and Poor-mans Server log...etc.

Offline DankRider

• Since: 27/02/2010
    • FSK405
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:40 AM »

Suggestion:
I have not been able to figure out how to add commands to the Auto-complete without manually editing your RconCmd.db, which BTW works well.  Is there a way you can create a method to allow easy additions to this db?  Maybe under the Menu → Tools → Auto-Complete list. 

- Void this part for it is available in your easy to use tools/manage commands.

Thanks for letting us hijack your thread. Just get excited when folks try to advance and help the community.

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
Not a problem and glad it works for you all. I was going to say there already is a easier way to add new commands using the commands window but you figured it out already. As far as customizing the background color for the console window then I can do that not a problem however since the console is a RichEdit control the text color is automatically determined by the background color of the editor itself and to change it I would have to hack into the Windows RichEdit control which would change the color system wide (not something I really want to impose on people) so unfortunately I will have to leave that part out but I will add an option to change the background color as well as the color for those that are interested.

I will  consider adding the other options as well since both of them would not be very hard to do at all. I will prob release the next version in the next couple of weeks so look out for it and thanks again for the nice words.

Tesla[1up]
"May I suggest the footing of your ass" Red Forman

Offline cinnamon

• Help! My sarcasm detector is BORKEN!!
  • Since: 31/01/2010
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
Cool stuff Tesla, I must say I like it.

The only problem I'm having is that ctrl+c does not work to copy anything out of the console window. I don't know if it's a bug or just an issue on my end, but crtl+c works in every other program I have. It really isn't a big issue because I can just as easily right click the selected text to copy it, I just thought you might want to know.
"I have made an important discovery…that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of intoxication." Oscar Wilde

Offline FLEXAN[1up]

• *[1up] R.I.P.
  • It's not gonna suck itself!!!
  • Since: 05/03/2009
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
I downloaded it and it works well. Tesla Great job!!!
R.I.P. (Tim Cohen) "Flexan[1up]"
2/12/1965 - 7/25/2016
Flexan[1up] was the 2nd longest member in 1up. He joined the clan in 2009, about 15 minutes after it was established.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 03:06:55 AM »
Linux compatible?

As the helpfile says the program was created for windows based OS's only since I am using alot of OS specific calls however with a virtual machine such as WINE on Linux or Bootcamp on Mac it may be possible but has not been tested and support will not be offered on those platforms.

Tesla[1up]

I'd be willing to help port it to Java if Tesla[1up] is interested. I am pretty good with Java and Swing, and since we have so many people in the clan with OS X, Windows, Linux, it might be beneficial? Just a thought.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Picard[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • The Captain
  • Since: 15/05/2009
    • The Beer Garden
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
Linux compatible?

As the helpfile says the program was created for windows based OS's only since I am using alot of OS specific calls however with a virtual machine such as WINE on Linux or Bootcamp on Mac it may be possible but has not been tested and support will not be offered on those platforms.

Tesla[1up]

I'd be willing to help port it to Java if Tesla[1up] is interested. I am pretty good with Java and Swing, and since we have so many people in the clan with OS X, Windows, Linux, it might be beneficial? Just a thought.

I would defiantly like that :)
Microsoft wants us to "Imagine life without walls"...
I say, "If there are no walls, who needs Windows?"

shr00m

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 07:02:49 AM »
Bug:

Suggestion:
- Make a folder in "root" named "Updates" for downloaded updates.
- Auto-close program and launch 1up_ModRcon_setup.exe.

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
I just ran the auto update again and did not experience this however all bug reports need to go to the proper place.

From the helpfile...

If you have questions that were not answered in this help file then please visit one of the links below and someone will try to assist you. If submitting a bug report then please include the following information with your email.

- A detailed description of the problem including the steps needed to reproduce the problem.
- The version of the program you are using. You can find this in the status bar of the main ModRcon window.
- Your operating system version such as Windows XP or Windows7.
- Your connection type such as DSL/Cable or dialup.
- A optional screenshot of any windows or error messages that are displayed when the problem occurred.
- Any other information that you think may be helpful.

email to send bug reports to. bugs@1upclan.info

Additionally, The updater automatically deletes the setup file when it's finished installing (this is by design to save space on a users system) and I will not be changing that. If anyone wants a copy of the installer they can manually download it from the download link in the first post.

Tesla[1up]

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:31 AM »
Version 1.4.2.0 has been released.

Whats New:

+ Added a new quick commands popup menu to the player info list.(see helpfile)
 + Added icons to main and player info menus.
 ~ Redesigned and updated the helpfile to reflect changes since the last version.
 ~ Various other fixes and enhancements.

First time users should use the download link provided in the first post of this topic all others should use the auto updater built into the application.

Tesla[1up]

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 08:37:13 AM »
Version 1.4.2.0 has been released.

Whats New:

+ Added a new quick commands popup menu to the player info list.(see helpfile)
 + Added icons to main and player info menus.
 ~ Redesigned and updated the helpfile to reflect changes since the last version.
 ~ Various other fixes and enhancements.

First time users should use the download link provided in the first post of this topic all others should use the auto updater built into the application.

Tesla[1up]

I used the update link, and got an "I/O Error" from your program, but after I clicked OK, the update seems to have run OK and seems to work. Love the quick commands menu on the player info list!
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »
This product just keeps getting better and better. I like the pause live playerlist feature with easy right click options to dumpuser and such. That will speed things up quite a bit.

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Thanks and Pyrite at what point during the update did you get the I/O error message. It could of been an isolated event (that is my gut feeling) but I want to make sure just in case it is not and it will help to debug it if I knew where at during the update it threw the error.

Tesla[1up]

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 07:56:30 AM »
Latest Version: 1.4.3.0
MD5: 5FAF99C834E1BA3F00ECC614C9CA9D8D
Released: 5/12/2010

Required: No (Note: While this is not a required update anyone using Version 1.4.2.0 should update to fix the problem with the quick commands menu.)

Whats New:
V.1.4.3.0 5/12/2010
 # Fixed the problem where moderators were not able to use the new quick commands menu.
 + Added the "Save Console As.." command to the console popup menu (Request from Pyrite[1up])