News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Joined 1up?  (Read 3848 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Joined 1up?
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:47 PM »
I thought it would be interesting to see why everyone joined 1up. Like how you became exposed to the shroom and why you joined.

For me,

Rummaging through some KF servers i ran across the 1up servers. I joined one by pure chance because of an acceptable latency. I came in the first time and saw Dolt, who within a couple minutes of meeting me showed me a could glitches on some map. I ran into Ron and a couple others at one point while playing and Ron convinced me to check out the forum after telling me about it 30 times, lol. Not too subtle. So i signed up on the forums and lurked for about a week or so until i got to know some KF players a little better.

Soon enough i decided i wanted to join the clan because i met a good amount of friendly people. At one point i talked with Ron about doing some work on the clans L4D2 server since i have experience with that (which eventually fell through because of one reason or another). I did my time and eventually got an invitation application. Signed up and here i am. In my time here i have become the self proclaimed "KF Master Blaster" and have made some good friends.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Joined 1up?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »

Offline Resort[1up]

• *[1up] KF Admin
  • You can't download Skills.
  • Since: 24/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
I joined 1up cause snipers deep sexy voice attracted me to him and i knew the only way i could get closer was the join....

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
I joined 1up cause snipers deep sexy voice attracted me to him and i knew the only way i could get closer was the join....

sniper......you just might have a gay stalker.....clench your butt hole.....TIGHT

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Resort[1up]

• *[1up] KF Admin
  • You can't download Skills.
  • Since: 24/07/2011
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:52:41 PM »
epoc get on teamspeak ima play global offense for the first time EVAR!!!

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
Don't see why this is in General Discussion since 1ups will really be the only ones posting.

Anyway, I first found 1up by the 1up XMAS server to which I connected to when me and nova(my little brother) wanted to play something than CTF against each other, (I had pretty much spent all my time on a custom CTF server).

The reason I joined is to make maps for 1up servers and as you can tell by the many successful maps that don't exist that is not the reason I am staying in the clan.

I stay in the clan to do some development and application work, sadly I have been busy lately with contest in a month, the next month, and the next month, and one possibly in June.

BioHazard is the one who made me join.

For the curious he is the member stats I went through
Normal->Friend->Trial->Member->App Staff->Ref->Server Admin.

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »
A few years ago back in the day when the zombie server was really popular and was always full, I liked playing zombie there, eventually i met some 1ups there if I remember well Killjoy along with Powermad were the first ones who talked to me, i wasn't sure about joining at first because 2 years ago the english language was something new for me, but I joined and everyone seemed really friendly to me and I pretty much liked all the old members, I stayed on 1up for like a year even I got ref, but then I decided that I wanted to focus on competition so I resigned and eventually I joined another team, I had fun there but I missed 1up so I decided to re-apply. I got accepted again on the clan and here i am :)

Offline Premium[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] Zombie
  • ùùùùùùùùù
  • Since: 27/06/2012
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
Yea uhm..
Well, it began when i started to play 1up Zombie Bomb. I played that for uh almost a year and i met some 1ups (Replay, Shadow) i realy liked them. My english was realy bad at that moment (its still not great >,<) but while playing i started to talk english more and better. So after an other year i finally found out that i could apply, but waited another 3 months or so. And than i finally applied(first time i failed..)
~Signature~

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
Don't see why this is in General Discussion since 1ups will really be the only ones posting.

Anyway, I first found 1up by the 1up XMAS server to which I connected to when me and nova(my little brother) wanted to play something than CTF against each other, (I had pretty much spent all my time on a custom CTF server).

The reason I joined is to make maps for 1up servers and as you can tell by the many successful maps that don't exist that is not the reason I am staying in the clan.

I stay in the clan to do some development and application work, sadly I have been busy lately with contest in a month, the next month, and the next month, and one possibly in June.

BioHazard is the one who made me join.

For the curious he is the member stats I went through
Normal->Friend->Trial->Member->App Staff->Ref->Server Admin.

because it doesnt really matter. i think of members section as a place for things you only want members to see. for this, it doesnt really matter who sees it. PLUS, maybe you got an ex-member who is still around and wants to post why they had joined.

Yea uhm..
Well, it began when i started to play 1up Zombie Bomb. I played that for uh almost a year and i met some 1ups (Replay, Shadow) i realy liked them. My english was realy bad at that moment (its still not great >,<) but while playing i started to talk english more and better. So after an other year i finally found out that i could apply, but waited another 3 months or so. And than i finally applied(first time i failed..)

not everyone gets in the first time. In the end you got your trial which is something to be proud of right there.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline EnJoy[1up]

• *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Urt Admin
  • Since: 24/11/2010
    • 1upclan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
Well.

I started playing around late 2007 Early 2008. I played with [YMC] people like RollsBalls, Equalizer (both were at one point in 1up, R.I.P Equalizer), and I was off and on playing on BN's CTF and 1ups TDM. Then I started to get very very very addicted to the game because my now brother-in-law Johnny/KindKiller2, moved into my house for a couple months to get ready to move my sister out. Anyway he started playing a lot and when ever I got home I would play and we would go against each other I would win most of the time. I applied and got in around The New year 09 I think it was. I got trial, I then left after my 3 trial periods were almost up. I came back about 6-7 months later I still played very often on 1up servers. I got trial and then on the frist status I got Full. Thanks.

Offline SeSko

• Since: 13/07/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:19:49 PM »
Well,I have been playing on 1up servers since 10/6/2010,even though I didn't apply till the middle of 2011,ofc I was as sniper with the team killing,waiting for the superts to get some players so I can Team kill,so 1 day I decided to join the ventrilo(back there we weren't using ts3) and talk with the 1ups,the only people that was on vent active and still in the clan(Ratt,flexan,sniper,Ron,J^2) now there are some people that left and came back(Enjoy cutty & some others)those who I do remember and still in the clan which is amazing(almost all the members changed if you compare them now and two years ago),I remember I used to die just to medic the admins so I show a good attitude,it was much harder to get in from now days,server Ref and Admin was kindoff holy position,and they still for the "old 1ups".
some amazing stuff happened with me or just some stuff that I like & remember:1-the date when I played for the first time on a 1up server I still remember it 2-getting Ref position in less than two weeks of being full member which didn't and couldn't and almost can't happen with anyone it was a much bigger responsibility when we were URT clan only(BTW some people resigned for not getting that power and position) 3-my first practice the first map was Austria. 4-I used to use my powers much more on the servers,I used to warn people for saying n**b,if they say it 3 times ban for 6 min,lol,5- no one ever complained about me in 1up,I'm clear,never been in any problem,maybe solution called me or the Founder to say my opinion in a problem that wasn't mine but I knew about it,but yeah I'm clear 0 problems for me 6-yes I did play Call of duty since 2003 but URT 2010,7-1up been through lots of hard times and was never down,8-1up has the best founder,nothing to show up I already got almost all the powers I'm a server admin,the truth was and is and will be the truth.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:27:33 PM by SeSko[1up] »

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:07 PM »
There was a similar thread that I posted in about why I joined 1up. I cant remember what I said lol its been so long. I first started playing UrT 4 years ago and spent all my time at Call of Nooby, WtFs great ts server. Cutty remembers that server and so does Zangetsu. Anyways I played there for around 2 years before I first started playing at Super TS, the actual greatest ts server out there. I joined 1up on 12/29/2010, the 24th oldest member :P. Boubon and Zangetsu and Venom and others I cant remember encouraged me to apply. I was kinda close to getting full on my admission vote. Even during my trial membership I was part of the FtW team so I got full on the first status vote. 1 and a half years ago I used to play all day on Super TS with flexan, zangetsu, cutty and others. School (and engineering) sucks though :/. Anyways Ive been here ever since and dont plan on leaving either. Our time at FtW will come!
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
5- no one ever complained about me in 1up,I'm clear,never been in any problem,maybe solution called me or the Founder to say my opinion in a problem that wasn't mine but I knew about it,but yeah I'm clear 0 problems for me.

I wish I was as perfect as you sesko.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
I was asked to.

I was as well.

I even remember when I played 1up Zombie TS about 3 Years ago, and I met Zhalix, RonaldLee, and Flexan. They grew accustomed to me playing there. Considering that they're very few American UrT Zombie Players. I was in the clan [CZ|G] at the time and it failed due to members going inactive. I was in Teamspeak one day, and RonaldLee popped the question because he noticed that I was clan-less, and thought I would make a great addition to the 1up clan. He said to me, "G|Man, the application process is easy, as long as you're over 13 years of age. When Sniper[1up] applied he asked about the same questions as you did, and wanted to know the information needed to join. G|Man, you'll probably have no problem, as long as you stay on Teamspeak, and be active on 1up's Urban Terror Servers." (Back when 1up wasn't yet involved with @via Steam.)

Zhalix and RonaldLee were my idols. I progressively grew to learn the ways of Ron and Zhalix. They were a unique pair of guys, I received a lot of attention from. I played with Ronald's son, Jake (Jakey), and he always renamed his-self "SayHelloToHell". He was always asking Ronald to talk to me while he was playing 1up Fun TDM. He has quite a humorous mind.

I guess somethings never change.

~I still look up to Ronald and Zhalix (Even thought Zhalix hardly ever comes by). They will be Friends Forever.