• [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Warsow
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:22:49 PM »
I was talking to Enjoy about this game once before, and again today.  What keeps reminding me of Warsow is that I was in spectate mode watching Enjoy go through IcyJumps. 

About Warsow - introduction

Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

Speed and movement is what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge, and walljump your way through the game. Grab power-ups before your enemy does, plant a bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy’s flag before they know what is going on!

Our goal is to offer a fast and fun competitive first-person shooter without hard graphical violence - Warsow has no blood or guts flying around. Red stars instead of blood indicate hits and colored cubes replace guts as gib effects.

We also put great emphasis on extreme customazibility and e-sports features for players and also for enthusiast modders. Here's some sweet things:
  • Open source engine - freedom to make complete gameplay mods.
  • Easy scripting engine with Javascript/C++-like style syntax for making your own gametypes! (AngelScript)
  • Freedom to run your own servers (ranked servers will need server key, which we provide for free upon request!)
  • Flexible HUD scripting engine for customizing your HUD.
  • Powerful "e-sports"- features like Warsow TV with OGG audio stream support for providing improved streaming capabilities.
  • Highly customizable graphic settings.
  • Global stats and match result saving for following your matches.
  • Rich User Interface based on XHTML/CSS standards for layout and presentation and powerful scripting engine with Javascript/C++-like syntax.
  • Warsow will always remain free to play game.
Beautiful graphics for both competitive and casual play!

Here is the official video.

I am in no way suggesting to 1up to drop all other existing first person shooters to play another one.  I am only suggesting that you try it.  I have played it a few times, and I have always enjoyed it.  I stay with the beginner servers as I do not have the skills to play on the pro servers yet.  What is one more FPS game added to 1up going to hurt if everyone has fun with it?

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline J-Squared[1up]

• mmm Spam
  • *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • nom nom nom
  • Since: 24/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Warsow
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
I enjoy this game, usually any public server with a ping under 350 for me is empty though. Still prefer UrT above all others, but I'm down to play this whenever.

Servers cost money though, so asking for a server for a relatively unpopular and severely outdated game may be asking a bit much.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:54:18 PM by J-Squared[1up] »

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
oh god more jumping
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline BlAcK[F]!r3'

• run will not help you , equally you will die...
  • Since: 16/11/2011
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
it looks like a baby game  :P
 B∫Å<K[ƒ]!R3'

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
I played it a few years ago. Even had a server for a few weeks.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
oh god more jumping

It was the jumping on IcyJumps (which I seriously suck at) that made me think of the game again.  It has been a couple months since I played it.

Warsow's last release was last month with version 1.02.  The game was in beta for about seven years, now how long has UrT been in beta?  Is version 1.0 coming out anytime soon for UrT, or is it going to be an ongoing beta until further notice?  I have not seen a timeline of expected release dates was the reason why I asked.  Warsow's timeline can be found on their wiki, and from their 0.42 to version 1.0 took about four years, so I am guessing if game development is about the same, the first release will not be until 2016.

Then again, two completely different games, development teams, and circumstances surround them both, so who knows...

Is HD version 1.0 of UrT?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:35:44 PM by Cope57 »

Computers do not have problems, they have users