News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: About the members..  (Read 40777 times)

Offline Tits_McGee

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Since: 08/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: About the members..
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
Ok I got about 10 minutes to kill at work before I go home so here goes.

My real name is Brian and I live in Detroit MI USA. I am 32 years old and I sell hospital / medical equipment for a living. I have been married for about 4 years. I am big into Linux and FOSS software and I got into UT because it is probably the best game that works with Linux and is free. I got my friend hooked on UT, his handle is toneDef so if you see him on the 1up servers say hi, he is a pretty cool guy. When I'm not playing UT I listen to Drum & Bass and techno, and play with my dog Leonidas. I also am totally addicted to reddit, you can find me under the name junglist313. Time to go home and play UT, see you in 1up! 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:38:02 AM by Tits_McGee[1up] »

Offline GoogleIt

• on my way
  • Since: 14/09/2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »
I've been meaning to do this for awhile, I just haven't gotten around to it.

My name is Austin and I live in Indiana. BTW, anyone who lives near the midwest, you should come to the SnK's LAN Party. The 2nd weekend in December. Message me for more details if you're interested.

I started playing computer games back in '04. I played CS 1.6 for about a year. I was heavily involved in the clan |T|E|K|K|. I started getting in to Urban Terror this past summer ('09), and I love it.

SnKTank (his name is Austin too) and I have been friends for about 6 years. I met all the SnK's at a church we used to go to. Austin M. is probably my best friend. I usually go over to his house everyday if I can. We have good times.

I smoke Marlboro 100's (Reds).
I'm 17.
I had a ****ed up past, but if you want to know anything,  I'll share it.
I consider myself mature for my age. Partly because all my friends are 4+ years older.
I love 1up and hope to make an impact here.
I'm applying to Indiana University, Ball State University, and Anderson University.
I want to go to college for Psychology and Economics. Hopefully I'll go to graduate school and have my own private practice someday.

I love getting to know people and getting personal. If you ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me.

Long live 1up!
--SnKGoogleIt

- I will always walk beside you. Never in front. Never behind. -

www.emilypoeproject.com

Offline ToneDef

• stone cold crazy, oh
  • Since: 23/10/2009
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 08:26:26 PM »
I live and work in the suburbs of Detroit. I went to school in the area and now work as a draftsman at a Architectural firm. My name is scott and I am 28. I am avid disc golfer so if anyone from the area wants to go shoot, msg me. I have been working on an old Motorcycle for a while now, so it should be pretty fullfilling when it is totally restored. My last girlfriend left me with her cat so I found another one to keep her company. That's all for now, there is more but these are the basic facts.

BTW I enjoyed reading everybody elses posts. It gives us a person to go with a gamer tag. Now we need to get some background on pinky, diggy, and Klownkiller, those guys never respond to my in game queries. (jk)
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Offline dj_laidas

• Music Is My Life
  • Since: 20/11/2009
    • FaceBook Fun Page
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
hello to all..
I'm george but my friend call me laida
i'm styding in collegee P.R Rellations and communications...
I work as a dj to clubs and cafeteries for 4 years...
i have worked also to radio station for 1 year...
I produce my own remixes on difrent traxXx
my favorites is electro ,house and tribal sounds...
My age is 25 and i live in greece...
i smoke Old holborn (yellow)
i have 1 pc, 1 laptop, and 4 monitors for all that jobs that i do..

i always playing urt listening to music...lol

thats all for now
friendlly
laidas

SnKCoffeeBlacks

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »
Hi,

I'm Cory, i'm 22, I live in indiana.

I spend most of my day working, so I usually get online after midnight.
I love metal music, especially thrash
been playing urban terror on and off since it first came out.
been playing with whats now called "snk" since 96, so I was like 9.
I got married in January to Emily Poe (SnKPoe) we met in college in Arkansas were friends first and the reletionship grew, yaya!
Played lots of electric guitar and tried to write music with TanK over the years, some of it had promise.
I built my guitar myself, so its my most prized possesion.
I don't have a brand of cigs cuz i'm around 2 weeks sober from smoking, but when I did I was a marlboro man.

That's all for now :)

Boomer

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 08:27:07 PM »
Well Hello!,

My name is Amos(like famous amos cookies there good but not as good as my moms:)
I am 15 and aging fast. I live in Denver, Colorado.
I go to Kent Denver high school its fun but hard:/
I have two older siblings both i love! and one young step brother who gets annoying at times...
My parents are divorced. I live with my mom. My dad lives in Montana( moves a couple years ago for work) but its ok cause when i visit its so much fun cause he was a sweet house and i hunt and fish a lot(flyfish)
I love all kinds of music mostly rap(main stream rap makes me sick ;)
I play hockey and love every second of it... it lets me get away from my stressful day and just play:)
I play guitar and love it
Long story but Obama came to my dads house this summer to fish lol. It was Amazing! he is such a cool guy(pics of it on my profile)
Urban terror is amazing i am alright at it looking to improve
i love xmas :) always look forward to it :)
I am a mac
my favorite show is the office its the best show ever!
and right now its cold in chilly colorado but luckily we have a real fire place at my house and i am sittin  by that staying warm:)

hope that gives ya idea of what i am about :)

Boomer

Offline Bizzy

• Live. love. Laugh.
  • Since: 02/10/2009
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
If anyone really cares about mine......
Name's Chris, 16, Live friightenly closee to Oprah's House (like 10 min away) and go to High. im a Junior, but almost done with my HS credits, and love to rave.
Me Thinks i strted gaming at age 3, when everyone was all up in pocket gaming, loved to play Super Smash Bros, still do actually :)
Halo was when I started at the communities. I saw the halo demo comunity at clanhalo.net and started to join. After the league started to die, i got introduced to Urban by a THC member. I then started to play for about 7 months to where i am right now :)

JJ!<3

Offline $@t@n

• Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »
well... my real name is nick. i live in maine. i am 15. sing me happy birthday on april 7. i have been playing UT for about 1 1/2 years.. one of my frineds found it and we started playing on the bus going to and from school lol we had a hour bus ride. me and about 4 other people would have a LAN and play. I have never been in a clan other then [1up]. How i got into 1up is... i randomly played a 1up server for the first time and juggernaut asked me to apply for the clan. so i went to the fourms and applied and kept playing on the 1up servers and got to know most of the clan members.. i love 1up its awesome all the people are cool 2. well thats all for now.

[EDIT] I am not a devil worshipper... actually im christian   ;)

~~$@T@N[1UP]~~
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:36:22 PM by $@t@n[1up] »

Offline UnknownKilla

• BEWARE. IM A TRUE NINJA....
  • Since: 10/04/2009
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Yo, my name is Alex, but my friends at school call me ParadoX (hint, if you see that name on UrT, it might be me.). Im 16 now(as of dec 10th). i'm a pretty good player now that i got my new mouse. Im really helpful especially when it comes to gaphics and anything game wise( includes funstuff, beta testing, map making, etc). Im quite freindly and i joke around sometimes (you might think im being mean but im just joking around if anything). i dont really have problems with people unless they got something against me. I dont get grounded often (which is good if imma be in 1up). Im on Urban Terror at least once a day. and even if i cant be on for long, im at least on for about 30mins if anything, no less. cause if i dont even have enough time for 30mins, i dont even get on UrT. (if you have not noticed yet) i do check forums and reply often. If i had a car, money, time, and was over 18, you would expect me to appear at any Lan parties and stuff. I love japanese anime, my top 3 favs are Full Metal alchemist, Naruto, and Ranma 1/2. the japanese opening of FMA is on my profile(this is my favorite opening of all the anime i've seen, with ranma 1/2 season 1 opening being close 2nd). my best friends on UrT are: Dj_Laidas, Biohazard, $@T@N, and The_Juggernaunt. and thats all for now that im posting here. lol.

Comman In Game Names:
UnknownKilla
SilentNinja
UnknownKilla is my name, a silent ninja is my game...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dj_laidas made this!

Offline dj_laidas

• Music Is My Life
  • Since: 20/11/2009
    • FaceBook Fun Page
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
oh,...nice alex...glad to see that and for the thumb up!!!!

HaPPyFlowers

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
Hey hey all , well my name is victor and I live in Boston Ma. I have been married for 3 years and my wife and I just had our first child this past August , it's a blast most of the time. I work with S.B.H adults and children for a living , it takes great patience but in the end I learn more from them on a day to day basis then they learn from me I'm sure. Urban terror is the first fps that I have ever really liked , I started playing a little over 2 years ago ( I think it's been that long) . A lot of you may know me as HaPPyFlowers , I started the DSG clan with Arebias and all those guys , then moved on after some personal life stuff happened. Anyways any questions just ask

Offline gh_speedyg

• Snoogans
  • Since: 06/09/2009
    • My custom Clerks PC case
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
HEY HEY!
So I'm Greg, I live in Ottawa, ON Canada. I am 28, married with no kids. I am an HVAC technician. My hobbies are TV, the Internet and paintball when I get a chance to play. I also like going to the movies, but I'm really just in it for the popcorn. I have a dog, 3 cats and a turtle. They are all pretty well behaved.
I've been playing UT for about 7 months or so, and have been on 1up servers since I started. Have a blast playing with everyone and looking forward to chatting with all of you on vent. If you have any questions, ask me, I'm pretty friendly.

Offline SlimPickins

• Since: 10/11/2009
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My real name is Will, I'm 29, and have lived various parts of Washington state my whole life. The name "SlimPickins" is derived from a CD title of a Snohomish, WA punk rock band called Formula One. They're no longer together, but were very prominent in the area in the mid/late 90's (opened for a lot of bigger punk bands at local shows).

## Professional ##

I never finished college, but earned some IT certs in the early 2000s. I've been with a major Retail Software company since 2004 and have been working for them from home for the past 2.5 years. I'm mainly involved in system implementation projects, custmizations, and escalated support. The majority of the software I support runs in a Windows front-end supported by databases and scripts running on Linux servers. I've been a Linux geek since 2003 and have been a "distro-hopper" over the years, ultimately landing on Arch Linux primarily for home use, while the systems I support in the field are Red Hat (Rh6-Rhel5) and CentOS.

## Games ##

I've been playing video games forever. Got my first original NES for Christmas '87 and have been hooked ever since. I was really into Street Fighter and King of Fighters in the early/mid '90s (back when people actually went to arcades). It was a glorious era for video games. Lately, I primarily play Classic Unreal Tournament, UrT, Mame, Tony Hawk and various fighters (Guilty Gear, SF4, Soul Calibur, etc). I also play various "kid friendly" games with my 6-year-old daughter on the Wii and Xbox 360.

## Music ##

I've been a punk rock guy since about '94. The first bands I got into were NOFX, Lagwagon, Rancid, and other Fat Wreck/Epitaph bands. I went to the first 3 Warped Tours in Washington (pre-Gorge) and have seen just about every band I have wanted to see live. My tastes have become a little more diverse lately, but I still listen to the 90's stuff more than anything else.

I'm also a musician myself; I play the guitar and the drums. I'm playing with a band I've been with for 5 years now, doing classic rock covers and a mix of blues/punk originals. We're pretty diverse and have multiple "configurations" (ie. switch up who plays guitar, bass, drums, vocals and even include extra musicians on some songs).

## Sports ##

I've been into extreme sports since middle school and to this day skateboard, snowboard, bmx, kayak, etc. Pretty much anything that involves a board, bike, or boat... I've either tried it or I'm trying it tomorrow. One thing I've just started getting into (bad year in the Pac NW to start thanks to El Nino), is Skijoring (Google it). I have a couple of good dogs (Jindo-mix) and have just started practice runs with them over the past month or so. It's a pretty cool blend of exercise and bonding.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell, though I could probably write a book about all my various crazy adventures over the years. Maybe in another post  ;)

- Pickins

"As far as I'm concerned, you could be a rainbow-coloured pie-sexual unicorn for all I care, if you're cool to play with then it's all good 8)" - KD197

Offline Dj_Menthol

• Since: 04/03/2009
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »
nofx pennywise bad religion the descendants afi rancid  vandals deviates bouncing souls etc etc for the win slimpickins!

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
I'm Pyrite, been playing UrT off and on for about 10 years. I used to be heavily involved in the gaming community, not so much anymore though. I have a pretty extensive range of interests other than gaming and computers (it's pretty obvious I'm a geek), so I'm just going to throw a few out and see if anyone has anything in common with me :)

Lately, I am uber addicted to Genealogy, and have just completed my application (which took me several months to write) for membership into the National Society Sons of the American Revolution. During this time, I used my vacation days to travel to several states I had never been to so I could sit in libraries, cultural centers, court houses, and gov archive buildings for hours on end until my head started to bleed. If you do not know what genealogy is, DO NOT LOOK IT UP, cause if you do, you could get addicted, and then you will be FSCKED for the rest of your life.  :D

Since 2006 I have been very involved in modding the original XBOX. I have bought/sold at least 15 of them so far. I prefer the TSOP method of modding. Recently in 2009 I started getting into XBOX paint jobs. I once ran a 5 node Linux XBOX cluster on an OpenMosix clone. If you are interested in XBOX's at all, contact me, I enjoy just talking about it.

I am also into Geocaching. A friend and I last year built what we call the "geEKocache" (see http://www.geekocache.us/). It's an electronic totally geek geocache built inside of a .50 cal ammo can. You go to our website, make a digital log, it generate a barcode, you print it out, located the cache with your GPSr, open the lid, the LCD turns on (with various all your base references, and other geek terminology), scan your barcode, it saves your log onto the built-in SD card, then asks if you want to leave an additional log message, and if so, you can plug in your PS/2 keyboard (this is out in the woods by the way), and type something cool. It then gives you the password to the treasure box, which has a combo lock on it. It's a very interesting alternative to traditional caching. We used an Atmel PIC and open sourced the C code. Pictures of this are on my Facebook if anyone is really interested.

I also like shooting. My dad started training me when I was about 9. I'm a member and proud supporter of my local range, NRA, etc etc. I also love shooting skeet, but I use an old full choke wood butted obsolete scatter gun, which my friends don't know how I can stand the recoil on. My woman hates the fact that I spend hundreds of dollars on guns and not her  :P But she'll still come out to the range in the chilly evenings and loads the traps for us.

I am a world traveler. I have lived in 4 countries, and traveled to about 25 others. I have studied 6 languages, none of which I can speak anymore.. except Thai. I boarded my first flight overseas when I was 2 (my parents were freakin crazy). I love visiting new countries, learning the language and culture, doing photography and see what the local pubs are like (I got addicted to Guinness when I was in Ireland, and if you ever go there, YOU WILL know first hand what U2 is singing about in the song Beautiful Day!). The aussies told me NSW was God's country, but I had to disagree after spending a summer in Outer Mongolia with my Dad, out-backing in old Russian jeeps.

The only sport I really like is pocket billiards (and yes it is a sport). I love 8/9 ball, BCA style, and also learned to shoot Snooker when I lived in Thailand. In 2007 I attended (not played in) the Guinness 9-Ball Tour in Singapore, and got to see the world champions go toe to toe, plus there was free Guinness, which I think I mentioned I like. :D I used to play everyday for several years, but now it seems like I only get out to do it once a month.

Music? All the punk that SlimPickens and DJ Menthol listed which I was very into during the 90's. Now, I'm all about electronica, and the music that Tits McGee listens to :) I am a very big collector of Music Videos, of which I have about 300 GB of. So if you're into that, hit me up for some trades.

That's enough for now, Greetz to all of you who actually read all this **** I wrote.  ;)

•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•