News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: About the members..  (Read 40965 times)

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: About the members..
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:36 AM »
Lets see...

My name is Murry Dixon II and I'm 21 years old.  I've been happily married to Bri (SnKbourbon[1up]) since July of 2007.  I'm a strong Christian, but I don't fit the stereotypical hardcore Christian mold.  I'm also a very strong political Conservative. 

The name Maddog came from my dad actually.  He's a red-haired guy who used to have a bit of a temper.  Both of our initials are MAD, so when he became a career firefighter, all his fellow firefighters started calling him Maddog.  I thought it sounded like a good gaming screen name, so I stole it.

I have the greatest dog ever named Roxy.  I think she's a Golden Retriever/Pit Bull mix, but I can't be certain.  In any case, she's the smartest, most easy-going, most personable dog I've ever known. 

As far as work goes, I wear many hats, and mix self employment with actual jobs.  I'm a general contractor, so I do a lot of construction and remodeling, including drywall, trimwork, flooring, roofing, electrical... even complete ground-up builds.  I also do a ton of landscaping (mowing, mulch, complete landscape installs, etc).  I also do completely random work (dj work at weddings, automotive repair, etc).  All-in-all, I'll pretty much do anything that pays. 

I also annually manage a snow removal operation.  My duties include everything from managing up to 15 workers to maintaining all our trucks and equipment to delivering icemelt and more.

I'm a hardcore automobile buff, but particularly love Ford vehicles.  I'm the second owner of a 1976 F-150.  I also have a 1995 Taurus SHO 5spd.  Its one of only about 3000 manufactured that year and its fast as hell.  Its also wrecked (friggen deer), but I'm going to hopefully source the parts and put it back together this year.

I have an SKS and a Winchester 1300 Defender.  I love guns and believe that an armed population is a safe one. 

I'm very passionate about music.  I like everything from Alice in Chains to Led Zeppelin, Coldplay to HIM, Staind to Hurt, A Perfect Circle to Sick Puppies and much more.

I like backpacking, camping, movies, Miller beer, Jim Beam, American Spirit cigarettes, and really good cigars.  Oh yeah, and Pepsi.  Lots and lots of Pepsi. 

Thats a ton of useless information about me, but there it is. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:49:37 AM by SNKmaddog[1up] »

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Rhapsody_fire

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 07:51:23 AM »
Hi Guys ! Let me introduce myself !
My name is Etienne ! I am 16 years old (17 in april) ! Im from Quebec City in Canada ( Yeah im a french Canadian ! :) ) Im a fan of Metal , Rock but fisrt of all im a Iron maiden fan ! Im a funny guy . . . you can talk to me when you want to ! :P
If you want to talk more I give you my msn :P
My Xfire is : elvistux :)

Offline Venom

• Since: 09/10/2009
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »
I am THE venom
EX 1UP

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:44 AM »
Names {FtF}RedRumOnE[1up]

Captain of Fugitive Task Force

Designer, Philosopher, Life Liver, If you wanna know more Ask or Visit my Profile

[attachment no longer available]

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
  • AKA: SnKPoe
  • Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »
My name is Emily. I go by SnKPoe on here.
I am originally from Texas but moved to Indiana after gettin' hitched to my hubby, SnKCoffee (coffeeblacks). I've also lived in Florida.
I was in college for English and Psychology but dropped out. Now I'm doing photography and music related things. (SnKGoogleit and I are in a band)
I eat fatty foods and drink lots of soda and yet I'm really skinny.
I love to be in the sun. I love guitar. I love 1up.
I listen to metal, folk, pop, rap, jazz, ambient and even some country.

I'mma go make a sandwich now.  :D

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 03:00:43 PM »
Well im not a member, but i hopefully will be soon. My name is travis, im 16, and i live in michigan. i started playing urt last year as something to do in graphic arts class. The firewall blocks online servers so i only played with people in the class over lan. Anyway... I downloaded urt onto my laptop, started playing online, and realized i sucked. I practiced and now i get positive K:D ratio almost every time. Im friendly, and my xfire is bin0al, add me if u like :D and i add smileys to everything. just a warning. haha  :P

im bored at home and stuck on the map im working on, so im tryin to think of more. Hmm... Im not gonna be one of the people that denies being a geek. I totally am :D but im a cool geek and most people i talk to end up liking me. I cant stand the people that play urt and are insanely good and extremely cocky. idc about being beat, but its annoying for someone to constantly talk about how everyone else sucks. I mainly use sr8 with mpk5, but i use AK103 (i think i named it wrong lmao). i enjoy making maps, and wouldnt even know how if it wasnt for flame teaching me how to use GTKradiant. Hmmm... yea i got nothin else  :D

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »
Well thanks but by the way i am a magician a mappist a trombonist i own 6 ducks well thats realy all i can think of my list sa lot shorter then your guys

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 12:12:02 AM »
Well thanks but by the way i am a magician a mappist a trombonist i own 6 ducks well thats realy all i can think of my list sa lot shorter then your guys

Magician eh? like IBM and all?
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »
Yeah a magician i do card tricks main magic tricks party magic (sticking a needle through a ballon without it goin pop)and so on
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:52:44 PM by flamefire333[1up] »

Offline ojacker

• Since: 10/05/2010
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »
I was waiting to be an official member of 1up before I did this so I guess it is time to get typing. :)

Hi guys. yall know me as ojacker, but my real name is andrew. I am a texan which means I am a cowboy who lives in the country... JK I live in fortworth and am a musician. I wont go in to my favorite bands (look at the music post) but I love just about everything. I am going to college to become a fine arts teacher, or a shrink. not sure yet. I work at a place called jamba juice. it is an awesome smoothie shop and those who dont know of it, youtube the snl skitt about us. :). I enjoy casual coffee, chillin w friends, cooking (dont judge :P), and reading. I love electronics but not by choice... It was programed in to me by my geeky father. he also taught me about all the simple stuff in life, and how to enjoy the classics. I am an avid pool player. Billiards is my other game. :) Star Wars over Star Trek, but it is close. If you want to know anything else about me, just ask :) I am a chill guy and am easy to get along with :P.

As always, (-<) peace

Offline Lurker

• Since: 26/05/2010
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
I don't have a name, but as bearcat has done a reverse IP lookup on me, I'm from Michigan. I'm in college for electrical engineering. I go to Michigan State University (bearcat will reverse lookup my other IP when I get back to school anyway). I listen to any time of music, really. Here are some of the people/bands I really like:

ATB
Armin Van Buuren
Deadmau5
Above and Beyond Presents Oceanlab
# Psytrance Brazil #
Steve Reich
Philip Glass
Andrea Bocelli
Angel City
Barenaked Ladies
Basshunter
Between the Buried and Me
Binarpilot
Black Eyed Peas
Jimi Hendrix
Brad Paisley
Tim McGraw
Scooter
Michael Buble
Buckshot Lefonque
Buckethead
Canibus
Fabiana Cantilo
Children of Bodom

....Want more? Ask.

Offline inka

• q-_-p
  • Since: 23/06/2009
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 03:01:09 AM »
I am also into Geocaching. A friend and I last year built what we call the "geEKocache" (see http://www.geekocache.us/). It's an electronic totally geek geocache built inside of a .50 cal ammo can. You go to our website, make a digital log, it generate a barcode, you print it out, located the cache with your GPSr, open the lid, the LCD turns on (with various all your base references, and other geek terminology), scan your barcode, it saves your log onto the built-in SD card, then asks if you want to leave an additional log message, and if so, you can plug in your PS/2 keyboard (this is out in the woods by the way), and type something cool. It then gives you the password to the treasure box, which has a combo lock on it. It's a very interesting alternative to traditional caching. We used an Atmel PIC and open sourced the C code. Pictures of this are on my Facebook if anyone is really interested.
\

That actually looks pretty cool :D

By Inka[1up]

Offline Dougy

• Since: 17/01/2010
    • TheOMFG Music
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

I got my urban terror name from my brother when he became Hazmat...see the connection?

Holy Smokes i didnt know hazmat was ur brother :omg:

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »
I am Gemma. 
I love Urban Terror.  I've never played enough to really get very good, and I've accepted the fact that I will probably settle for mediocrity..  Sometimes, when I drink a ton of coffee with sugar, I can do alright with an M4.

My real name is Evan.  I'm 29.  I'm a horticulturist.  My degree is in business management.  I think college was a waste of time and money.  I like to play my guitars.  I like occasional flash-backs.  I like to work.  I like to build.  I like listening to music pretty loud.  I grow many plants, and many trees.  I have 38 greenhouses. I've never found a type of deodorant that doesn't burn me. I hate driving cars.  I like punk rock music.  I like independent music of all genres.  I like industrious people, as well as industrial music.  I like sex. 

I no longer do drugs, because I no longer need them.
I do have tattoos, but I forget they are there.
I do smoke cigarettes, but I do not want them.
I do, make, say, and think.*

I can weld.  I can build.  I can machine.  I can draft. I can fix mechanical things.  I can drive anything with two or more wheels or tracks.  I can kill.  I can read, and I can write.  I can play.  I can draw, and I can paint.  I can love, and I can hate.  I can drink, and I cannot.

I am too small for a medium, and too large for a small.  I am too thin for 32's, but not thin enough for 30's.  I prefer briefs over boxers, colored ones over white ones.  I prefer boots rather than shoes, brown ones over black ones.  I prefer red meat over white, and white rice over brown.  I have red blood, white skin, and the blues*.

I have a home, but have been homeless.  I have two dogs, and I have no cats. One is dying, the other is young.  I have no friends, but I have a brother, and I have a wife.  I have many things, but I don't need any of them.  I need many things but don't have any of them. I have a few nice guitars, I have a few poor ones.  I have a silver trumpet, but I barely play it anymore.  I have many records, but my player is broken.  I have two computers, and both are trash.  I have to pee.

I like cartoons.  I like sleeping. I like games. I like kissing. I like guns. I like eating.  I like swimming.  I like when my wife sleep-talks.  I like money.  I like when gasoline makes a rainbow when its in water.  I like the sea.  I like my row-boat.  I like the rain.  I like sex. Did I say that already?

I hate the violent. I hate the lazy.  I hate the rich.  I hate the incompetent.  I hate the arrogant.  I hate the idiotic, and I really hate the rude.
I don't like chocolate, I don't like a dirty house, I don't like a sloppy job, I don't  like cheating, I don't like peppers, I don't like the wind,  I don't like when people leave a little cereal in the bowl to get hard, I don't like the feeling I get when the screen door is closing behind my Achilles tendon,  I don't like television, I don't like popcorn, and I don't like toothpaste.

*I'm not going to make a list of bands and music I like, because I left little hints about that.  If you got it, then you know. If you didn't, then you don't.  If you think you've met someone like me, you haven't.  If don't think you've ever met anyone like me, you probably have.

Any questions?

Okay, thank you.

Offline SlimPickins

• Since: 10/11/2009
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
Wow, some seriously eerie similarities here, Gemma. I'm also 29, too small for a medium and too large for a small. Whenever I get something that fits just right... it shrinks in the wash. If I go a bit larger expecting it to shrink, it doesn't shrink.

I wear 31s when I can find them (PacSun's home brand jeans come in this size). This is great for the waste. But in the length I run into the same issue. I would also need about a 31 if it existed, but nobody makes that. It's either 30, which seems right at first, then shrinks, or a 32, where I think it'll shrink up perfectly and it doesn't.

My education is in English, but I work in computers. I also play the guitar (and the drums) and was raised on the punk rock music of the 90s. Though, in recent years my musical taste has diversified quite a bit. I currently play in a band that doesn classic rock covers and blues originals (I'm the drummer).

- Pickins

"As far as I'm concerned, you could be a rainbow-coloured pie-sexual unicorn for all I care, if you're cool to play with then it's all good 8)" - KD197