News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: [1up] Life Update
« Last post by J-Squared[1up] on October 15, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
I remember when I found 1up right after I bought my first new computer. I hadn't played a FPS since Doom 2, and found UrT as it worked well on Linux. After stumbling through some other servers I came across 1up and started playing on 1up servers exclusively. Playing with Perdition and Cutty, the SnK's, and the rage king Brendanator (before he changed his name) and then Flexan (RIP), were some great times and their encouragement (except you EnJoy - haha) got me to apply. I miss the Xmas server being full, and the extras that were put up for a while like the rocket server. I remember when we did UrT team practices and I had a solid month of accidentally TKing Perdition at least once per practice, and Flame with a 500+ ping teleporting all over the place. There were definitely some hilarious times with the majority of the clan playing together. Even the few times I was able to play with Tesla and Zhalix were memorable.

I have been mostly unable to play any games recently due to work, and spending a lot of time outdoors at some mountain property I own now (no internet or even cell service). Hopefully I will have some more time now that it is winter that I can be on more. I would love to see a main multi OS game that many clan members can be involved with again. Playing with everyone was great, and I miss it.

J²[1up]
General Discussion / Re: [1up] Life Update
« Last post by RonaldLee[1up] on October 14, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »
Hello everyone.

I am the same person today that I was when this clan started off. Things around me changed, but I did not.
I lost several friends to tragedies, and my sister as well. I remember every single application, every single 1up, and the excitement that 1up held in the Urban Terror community for about 6 years.
We were an Urban Terror clan, but Urban Terror died. I moved us to Steam as best as could be done, but when you introduce hundreds of games on a platform like Steam, many people will go in different directions.
I am glad to have many close friends still from 1up and it has been a pleasure to be around so many 1ups who started here at a young age and have grown into adults with success assured.
I have often thought that IF --don't hold your breath on this though-- Urban Terror ever gets rebooted that we could all be like the first days of 1up again. I hope so. I hope that happens someday. But as Roy Miller (played by Tom Cruise) said, “Someday. That's a dangerous word. It's really just a code for never" (Knight and Day, 2010).  I've continued gaming and I have gone through a plethora of Steam based games. I am currently involved in the beta of Insurgency: Sandstorm, and I am always looking, though, for that one special game that can light a fire to attract old members to play with each other. When and if we eventually find a couple of great, popular and acceptable games to a majority of the clan's members, I will invest in a site redesign, servers, and all that stuff once again. I am easy to reach out to if you want to get a hold of me.

-RonaldLee[1up]
General Discussion / [1up] Life Update
« Last post by EnJoy[1up] on October 13, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
Hello, it has been a while since I have posted a forum thread.  I still remember trying to get on the forums top thread posters, the good ol' days. I would assume others would like to hear how/what everyone in the clan is currently up to.  I like to dig around the forums and remember all of the great times that we used to have, at practice, in Super TS, Jumps, etc.  Feel free to post and comment about what your up to or some good old memories (also screenshots or video/voice clips?).  Even if just one person responds I will be happy  ;)

For starters,

I'm a senior in college studying, Computer Science - Programming (Minor in Visual Imaging/Graphic Design), I have 5 classes (15credits left).  I worked as a lab tech at my college (which is basically just a computer lab assistant) and have already had a couple internships. The past few years I've not really played many PC games besides Minecraft (which I will soon be co-hosting a server again, mainly for side cash).  I also enjoy a game of Fortnite every now and then on my Xbox One. 

Some stories that I would like to share, I remember first joining the clan and feeling somewhat accepted by the other members of the time, sure I was a trial member, but back then I was a raging pre-teen (I was 11 or 12, 12 when I applied) and Flexan (Tim) was right there beside me letting the anger roar just as loud.  Flex was the man, he was there for everyone when someone needed someone, and I couldn't say that about a lot of people in my life (at that time).  Flex always gave me that 2nd (3rd, 4th, 5th, ... etc) chances that no one else would when I would lash out. Truly an awesome man. 

I remember my "recruiting class" Perdition and Modoki, we were in trial membership together and we all bonded pretty tightly (except for Modoki, because you know.. he hacked).  We all wanted to get the best out of each other when we played, obviously, Perd was way more talented than I ever was at UrT. 

I remember when that new "game mode" came out, but I can't remember the name now, but it was like WipeOut, where players hit other players off with the use of buttons or platforms.  That was a great time. Along with the Zombie mode that we had, I wish that lasted longer. 

I remember Tesla taking time out of his busy and hectic life to teach me how to Icy Jump, most of the time if I get on UrT I go to an Icy Server because of the love of Icy jumps instilled in me by Tesla.

I remember the day I took an Oath to become a 1up Ref (something almost everyone said I could never do) then a few months later, the game died and most people switched to CS:GO, KF, etc.  Even though it was short-lived, I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that Ron gave me.  This taught me that I would not be able to just jump into a clan (real-life job) and get the highest position (ex: CEO), patience is one of the best skills in the world.

Almost every single member that is currently in the clan, and players in the past, I have had a positive "relationship" with (I think at least) and I thank each and every one of you for helping me become what I am today.  Thanks for the great times/memories.

Please, if you would post your own short or long bio of what your up to and some memories of the clan and remember It's 1up or Shutup

Zombie Info / Re: I want "VIP" Package 1 and 2 for NMRiH
« Last post by RonaldLee[1up] on August 27, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »
Hello, I would like to know how I can get "vip"#1 and #2 in NMRiH, since I love the game and the [1upZ] servers  :D :D

Here is my steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/404001/

Okay. You have been added.
Zombie Info / I want "VIP" Package 1 and 2 for NMRiH
« Last post by -SmileyFace-[1upZ] on August 15, 2018, 02:01:30 PM »
Hello, I would like to know how I can get "vip"#1 and #2 in NMRiH, since I love the game and the [1upZ] servers  :D :D

Here is my steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/404001/
[1upZ] Applications / Re: ScreamSmileyBoo
« Last post by Dynasty[1up] on August 14, 2018, 06:11:02 PM »
Application accepted.
[1upZ] Applications / [APPROVED] ScreamSmileyBoo
« Last post by -SmileyFace-[1upZ] on August 14, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
General Information

What is your exact gamer tag?
 ScreamSmileyBoo

List all aliases that you have used in the past or are currently using? (enter "none" if you have never used an alias)
 Tofu

What is your age?

What is your timezone?
 16:50

STEAM & TeamSpeak

What is your STEAM Profile URL?
 https://steamcommunity.com/id/404001/

What is your TeamSpeak username?

First Person Shooter (FPS) Games

How long have you been playing FPS games?
 1 year

Have you ever been a member of a FPS gaming clan?
 no

Have you ever been banned from a FPS gaming server?
 no

[1upZ]

Why did you consider joining [1upZ]?
 Because some time ago I'm looking for a clan for zombie fps games, since everything is fun with friends c:

Additional Information

NMRiH / Re: How To Get VIP on NMRiH
« Last post by digons[1upZ] on July 10, 2018, 01:59:36 AM »
Hello,Mr.RonaldLee,I am glad to meet you here,I am a member of 1upZ clan that joined recently,I had read serveral informations regarding the VIP status,I wish to have VIP package of #1 and#2.Here is my steam ID STEAM_0:1:77552378,and link to my steam profile:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115370485 .Thanks in advance!
[1upZ] Applications / Re: [APPROVED] digons
« Last post by Dynasty[1up] on July 09, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »
Application accepted.
[1upZ] Applications / Re: digons
« Last post by G|Man[1up] on July 08, 2018, 08:39:43 PM »
Looks good!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10