News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: [1up] Life Update
« Last post by Picard[1up] on January 19, 2019, 01:25:52 AM »
Hey Guys,

I stop in here from time to time. Its nice to see all the "old faces" showing up again. I really don't play video games all that consistently these days but I played a bit of WoW recently and some overwatch every so often. I do miss the old days sometimes, you don't often find good gaming communities these days. Other than that I generally just working a whole bunch and living life.
« Last post by SnKcoffee on January 15, 2019, 10:48:40 PM »
I'm still alive. Glad to see that this place is still up and running. Hope you are all doing well. I'm older and don't play competitive video games anymore - definitely in retirement mode.
« Last post by RonaldLee[1up] on November 18, 2018, 09:19:17 PM »
What would it take to revive this community? As far as I can tell, people are still playing games. Why not play together again?
I playing Insurgency: Sandstorm just about every night with 5 to 7 1up people.
« Last post by WillardH on November 16, 2018, 08:16:19 AM »
It has been awhile Valk, glad to educate everyone on fat burners and hear from you.  Maybe update your post or repost when your product is finished, keep up the great work!

What would it take to revive this community? As far as I can tell, people are still playing games. Why not play together again?
« Last post by DoLT*[1up] on October 29, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »
I'm still a noob.
« Last post by EnJoy[1up] on October 29, 2018, 12:18:50 PM »
It has been awhile Valk, glad to hear from you.  Maybe update your post or repost when your product is finished, keep up the great work!
« Last post by Valkiry[1up] on October 20, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »
Hello,
It's good to see that many of you guys have found your own purpose and direction in life.
Back in the days in 2009 I bought myself a cheap-ass computer just for school stuff.
But than I started to play online games, and was trying to find a First person shooter ''I could play'' on that broken ass machine haha.
So I found Urban Terror (low graphic, high speed, and fun Fps). Eventually I started playing on 1up servers regularly. And so I applied.
I got trial. After a couple of months I was inactive cause of school. Couple months later I re-applied to 1up, and after a while I received full.
The funniest thing I remembered back in the days were the practises. It was alot of fun, just like J-Sq. said ''Flame with such high ping, teleporting everywhere".
And the most incredible thing about those events were, that I had to wake up at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning to participate in those practises!
Even when I had school the next day, I was setting my alarm to 3 AM just to join those funny ass group of players that called the 1up family.
(I even had to explain to my parents who the **** you guys were! :D Because they heard me talk english every night.)
To bad we never met eachother in real life tho, but I'm greatfull for the lovely years of gamingcompany you gave me! ;D

Now, after Urban Terror died. I joined the Army, went to Afghanistan came back. Left the army, and found work in Security at the American Embassy in Brussels.
Where I still work till this day. But now I'm also quitting that job aswell. And now I'm gonna start my own business of a project I invented and invested by myself.

For gaming, I play CS:GO, Pubg, League of Legends and F1 2018/Forza Horizon

My last words go to Flexan, dude I miss your special voice... always shouting and cursing. I miss you brother. Make an 1up clan in heaven brother, we will join you when time comes.
« Last post by EnJoy[1up] on October 16, 2018, 03:38:04 PM »
Glad to see you on the forums again Perd, thank you for the updates (everyone), I hope others will, as Perd said “follow suit”. Great to hear from you!
« Last post by Perdition[1up] on October 16, 2018, 02:53:38 AM »
So I don't think I've posted in 5+years :o. I saw Enjoy's post on Facebook and figured I could say something.

Wow, where to begin? I found the Super TS server pretty fast in 2009 - my senior year of high school. I started playing with these great guys like Enjoy and EddieLee and...sheesh I can't even remember everyone. Modoki, Mael (both long gone), CuttyFlam, etc. Being in Vent with everyone was tons of fun and got me through my first year of college. So of course, after a while I had to apply and become a part of this great community. Those days were the golden days - tons of people in Vent (switched to TS3 at some point) everyday, tons of forum posts, and lots of Super TS. I absolutely looked forward to clan practices of course! I also loved competing in the FTW (is that the right abbreviation?) competitive tournaments where we actually played for real against other clans. All in all, I loved this time of my life and I have 1up to thank. Ron was and still is a great leader, we had some awesome server referees and admins, and everyone got along (most of the time). Of course, school and life got in the way and I wasn't able to play as much from 2012 on.

Life update: I am 26 and I finished my Masters last March. I just moved in with my girlfriend in June (hear that Cutty? I have a girlfriend lol). We work at the same energy company and are trying to save money. I don't have too much time for video games, but Brendan's post got me all nostalgic so I had to post an update. Maybe some of the old members will follow suit. Thanks for the thread Enjoy!

Welp, see you guys in 5 years when I do my next post lol. Shoutouts to anyone I missed (there's a lot I'm sure). Thanks to Ron and all of my great clanmates for an amazing couple of years.

-Perdition[1up]
« Last post by J-Squared[1up] on October 15, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
I remember when I found 1up right after I bought my first new computer. I hadn't played a FPS since Doom 2, and found UrT as it worked well on Linux. After stumbling through some other servers I came across 1up and started playing on 1up servers exclusively. Playing with Perdition and Cutty, the SnK's, and the rage king Brendanator (before he changed his name) and then Flexan (RIP), were some great times and their encouragement (except you EnJoy - haha) got me to apply. I miss the Xmas server being full, and the extras that were put up for a while like the rocket server. I remember when we did UrT team practices and I had a solid month of accidentally TKing Perdition at least once per practice, and Flame with a 500+ ping teleporting all over the place. There were definitely some hilarious times with the majority of the clan playing together. Even the few times I was able to play with Tesla and Zhalix were memorable.

I have been mostly unable to play any games recently due to work, and spending a lot of time outdoors at some mountain property I own now (no internet or even cell service). Hopefully I will have some more time now that it is winter that I can be on more. I would love to see a main multi OS game that many clan members can be involved with again. Playing with everyone was great, and I miss it.

J²[1up]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10