News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: [1up] Life Update
« Last post by EnJoy[1up] on August 12, 2019, 02:32:10 PM »
Glad to hear from you Turret, we all miss the great time provided by this clan, someday we will "all" have to try and get a scrim/practice going for fun.
« Last post by TuRrEt[1upZ] on August 05, 2019, 03:17:25 AM »
Wow, it's been a while, huh? I actually really miss the good ol' days of 1up. I've been playing a lot of different games, from Grand Theft Auto 5 to Destiny 2 (lots and lots of Destiny 2) but I still hop on urt every once in a blue moon. As others have mentioned, practice is a thing that's greatly missed. I remember doing absolutely horrible, but still trying.
I wanted to thank you guys for shaping me into who I am today, without you guys I certainly wouldn't be the same person.
« Last post by DoLT*[1up] on July 25, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »
I dont get much time to game anymore... during the week if I'm not working, I'm chasing around a toddler... I may get lucky to get a couple of hours during the week. On weekends I only have time after the little one goes to bed around 8-9 ct. When I do game, I've been streaming just for ****s n gigs, twitch.tv/DoLT_  You guys should stop in and bug me sometime (no face cam).  I finally installed Insurgency: Sandstorm so I may join you guys if you're playing when I'm available. Also, if any of you like the Left 4 Dead series, you should check out Warhammer Vermintide 2... its kinda the same concept but you're killing rat men instead of zombies... its pretty fun.. Only 4 players though. Hope to see some of you in game soon... kthxbye.
« Last post by Premium[1upZ] on June 27, 2019, 04:00:07 PM »
Wow, hello everyone.

Some of you might not know me that well, but I just wanted to share my story what 1up meant and still means to me.
Urban Terror was one of the first games I actually played, and I don't really remember how I found the game and started playing, but I can see that I registered my account back in 2012, I just turned 14 at the time and was so excited about 1up and I really wanted to become a part of the community. At that time I played on the Zombie Mod server 24/7 with my neighbour / best friend and loved it.

To be real serious with you ya'll meant so much to me at the time, I remember looking up to you guys so damn much (I still do, yikes :P). You were like gods in my eyes, seriously. You are the ones that learnt me to be civil, patient and kind. The part my parents had almost no control over (everything online) was taken care of by you people. You learnt me speak English and I've got one particular memory of that: One day I was playing on the Zombie server and I had absolutely no idea that I was spelling "with" wrong all the time. I always typed "whit" instead of "with". (At the time I wasn't a member yet and was working on my English to write my application in the best English possible). One of you guys politely said: "Premium, in that case it is with, not whit". This might sound like a stupid small thing and I don't know why I remember this so well, but things like that helped me out and made me improve day in day out.

You were always so patient with me, the first time I applied I did't get in and I remember being really sad, but I kept improving (mostly because of you guys) and the second time I got in. I had a great time and after some time I left, for reasons I actually don't really remember. I vaguely remember something about that I was struggling with myself at the time, and if me leaving hurt you guys in any way because ya'll gave me a huge second change to get in, I'm so sorry..

So, thank you ALL, really, thank you for the great time.
This post is me giving a little bit back to you guys for everything you guys meant to me and did for me at the time.

On topic:
I'm currently in my third year of my Bachelor of Science (Bio-Informatics) and I'm 21 years young.

Love, Premium <3
« Last post by Dynasty[1up] on June 11, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
Hey all.

I still play UT from time to time; still good too. :P Though I've started back into League of Legends again, so hit me up if you play.
I also still log onto the forums almost every day. And I still love gaming.

As for life, I've been employed as a Civil Engineer for about 3.5 years now. Good pay and good coworkers.
I have a girlfriend of 3 years, who I just proposed to last month, so I now have a fiance and i'm in the process of planning a wedding.

Free time is at a premium, but I've found my soulmate, so it's worth it.

Miss the 1up glory days, but that's life.

Hit me up some time for some UT if anyone's interested.
Calendar Events / Re: 1up's 10th Birthday!
« Last post by thief[1up] on May 19, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
I remember this clan being around even when i first started... Only knew cuttyflam from the servers i went on, but the organizational skills and players really made urban terror the best experience in my opinion. hopefully that can continue someday.
« Last post by Shadow[1up] on May 11, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »
really belade Happy BD 1up

and yea i am still alive
« Last post by MrWigglesGiggles on May 07, 2019, 09:54:30 AM »
I just started a new job at the beginning of April and I absolutely love it. I work with a technical consultant group based out of my home with a motley crew of guys that genuinely like each other and work well as a team. I've never been in such a healthy work environment before and I plan to stick around a while. The downside is that I'm constantly travelling around to different client facilities, so I don't do much gaming anymore except for maybe some weekends. But I've always had itchy feet and I can't stand office work- the travelling suits me well.

Other than that, I'm preparing to either start to pursuing a postgraduate degree or else put some real time and resources into one or two of my shelved projects so I can get the patent paperwork moving and make some money on it. Or maybe both, but I'm not sure there is enough time in the day to work full time and do those things. Luckily I'm still single with no kids and live hundreds of miles from my closest relative so at least I don't have to work around family obligations. I'm about to re-home the last of my three dogs so that will free up some time and resources as well.
« Last post by Poe on May 02, 2019, 03:02:12 AM »
Hmm snkcoffee is still my brother, snkquake is still my brother in law, snkmaddog and I are still in cahoots.

I'm also still related to you, lol.
« Last post by EnJoy[1up] on March 09, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
ggs, thank you for the memories.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10