News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Tired of BS...  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Primula

• Since: 23/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Tired of BS...
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
Look, you can change the color of your name in the servers...
When people do they get yelled at if they happen to be on the blue team with a red colored name and visa versa.

You are physically looking at the person and they are BLUE. If you are RED, then shoot them.

A ref (Stella) is on yelling at people to change their name colors or else.

This is not against the rules.
So either update your rules or update your refs.
Cause I'm tired of people making their own rules for the servers for which they do not pay for.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Tired of BS...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »
Most thing are at the discretion of the on duty admin/ref.. But we do want to know about things that seem over the top. I agree that name color should be irrelevant. But if Ron,Zhalix,or even Tesla asked me to change my name color on their watch.. I would do it. 

So I think your both wrong.. At least at this exact time. :P
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline Primula

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
She didn't ask. She demanded with huge attitude "or else".
Would have complied if she would have just asked.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:12:48 PM by Primula »
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
This is a new server build. We anticipate some tension.

People can use any color that the server will let them. That is the rule. A message will be sent to all Admins and Referees.

Why is that the rule? Well, on the Zombie Bomb and Zombie TS the server will move people from one team to another randomly, so obviously different colored names should not be an issue.
Further, I agree with Primula that if you see an enemy, regardless of name color, you still know that they are an enemy.

Offline Primula

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:20:45 PM »
This is a new server build. We anticipate some tension.

People can use any color that the server will let them. That is the rule. A message will be sent to all Admins and Referees.

Why is that the rule? Well, on the Zombie Bomb and Zombie TS the server will move people from one team to another randomly, so obviously different colored names should not be an issue.
Further, I agree with Primula that if you see an enemy, regardless of name color, you still know that they are an enemy.

Thank you Ron.

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Ill rephrase someone with authority over you does not have to ask. But anyway, Obviously the color thing was a mistake.

Thank you for playing on 1up servers. :P
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • You will never walk alone
  • Since: 25/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »
I was at the game at that time...I think she asked few times quite nicely ..no one was listening to her... it can get confusing ..as its a new build and new system..some of us not used to it .. I was actually saying sorry to people, cos I thought I was team killing.. obviously she didn't know the new rules. So she did what she believed to be the right thing !!  I am sure if she knew she wouldn't have done anything to offend you or anyone else. 

Offline Primula

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »
No, she got on ventrilo and yelled at us.

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
She did that afterwards .. you werent  in the game when she was asking them nicely...and by the way you werent even in the game at that time .. so are you bi***ing here for someone else ?

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ACTUAL FORUM ACCOUNT SANDRA ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:00:35 PM by Chuck[1up] »

Offline Primula

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »
Yes I was in the game under the name Malice and in ventrilo as Sandra.

I for one did not see her telling us in-game. I rarely ever watch the in-game chat because it causes me to die and have it set for a low timer showing.

No reason to curse at me Chuck. I simply posted about a problem that should be fixed.
As for my past forum account, it was deleted due to the false hack accusations and the constant crap I get from 1up members.

I understand that your girlfriend is upset. She came on yelling in vent, I tried to explain to her it wasn't against the rules so I made a post.  Attack me more.

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
I dont think opening a new account would change anyone's point of view towards you ..but who gives a **** .

Obviously she was not aware of the rules, if Ron said to her or even an admin or a fellow referee said to her that it was the rule..I am pretty sure she would have listen to them.

Offline Primula

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
I dont think opening a new account would change anyone's point of view towards you ..but who gives a **** .

Obviously she was not aware of the rules, if Ron said to her or even an admin or a fellow referee said to her that it was the rule..I am pretty sure she would have listen to them.

Ok, this is not a big deal, why are you making it such? Because she's crying over something so small? I even sent her an apology PM that she feels so bad about it. It was NOT a personal attack.

Anyone's view of me? I honestly don't care wtf you think nor anyone else.

Yes, she was obviously not aware of the rules but when I explained to her that it wasn't against the rules she still said In ventrilo "I don't care, change it!" It doesn't matter who says it. She could have speced and asked a 'fellow clan member or ref' if it was true or not, before she threatened to kick anyone.

Ron set the rule and let everyone know so END OF DISCUSSION.
Feel free to attack me in PM.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »
You people are taking this way too far.

Let it go please.

This is a new thing here to have the option to color your name. Enjoy it. Savor it.

I regret if there was a short-lived war of words over colored names, but let it end now.

Keep in mind that we have to let the colored names be because if you are on Red Team on zombie with an all red name and the server decides to move you to Blue Team, are you supposed to immediately change the color of your name? This is the analogy which counseled in making the decision.