News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Try something NEW!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Try something NEW!
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
http://dailynade.com/funny-things-to-try-the-counter-strike-training-method/

Funny things to try: The Counter-Strike Training Method
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | Written by Engine

Have you ever played Counter-Strike? I did a couple of times. Is quite funny but I can’t live without walljumps.
In Counter Strike you can’t choose weapons from the start of the round. You start with the standard pistol and then you earn money during the round to buy equipment and weapons for the next round. So the first round is very particular since is basically pistol only. Also when you do certain actions like TeamKilling you loose money and it happens that you can’t afford any weapon and stick with the standard pistol.

I found this method to be funny when applied to Urban Terror and I use it as a training method once in a while when playing on public servers.

How does it work?

It’s simple. Start with any primary weapon, no secondary weapon, no grenades and no equipment. Choose very carefully your pistol based on your taste or on suggestion from our readers in this post.

At the beginning of the round drop your primary weapon, so you will be playing with just your sidearm and knife. The challenge is to begin the round with just your pistol and pick up weapons as you play during the round. That way you will be using a lot of weapons from your dead teammates and dead opponents.

Also managing to kill somebody with your pistol, stealing his weapons and win the round is something quite exciting.
You will find yourself playing with a lot of weapons that maybe you wouldn’t choose normally (like if there’s a Negev freak in the server).
You can tweak the difficulty of this by simply starting with Pistol, Knife and some equipment like Kevlar, Helmet, Silencer or Laser.

Why that should help me?

Besides being funny it will also help you to get familiar with pistols (with 90% of the time you will pull out just for finish an opponent when you run out of ammo). Also it will improve your general skill with all the weapons you will find, mostly Sr-8, M4, Lr-300 but also AK147 and G36 which are the most common weapons to find. Also putting yourself in a bad situation and try to get out of there will improve your playing skills and also your creativity.

Creativity is also a huge factor in sticky situations. It will help you being more unpredictable and effective. Also you will be playing more carefully, trying to sneak up on opponents instead of rushing on them.

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Try something NEW!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »
That's awesome i used to play with pistol only, i improved my aim a lot doing that, im gonna try that mode bourb, ty

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:40 AM »
i dont need improvement  ;)  >:D
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »
i dont need improvement  ;)  >:D

you would say that.  :P

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
I've taken this to the extreme by adding an awards system. :)

KILLS:                             WEAPON CLASS:

3                                          SMG

5                                   Assault Rifles

10                                     Grenades

15                                   Sniper Rifles

20                                        Negev

Offline oneinch

• Since: 30/04/2009
    • my personal bs site that I dont update or mess with anymore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
This is what I have done. I choose retta as pistole and SPAS as primary, no secondary. Then as you run throughout the map you will pick up another weapon. The new weapon could be an mp5 or could be an sr8 or anything in between. Sometimes the weapon is empty (curse you empty weapon droppers) and sometimes it is not. Either way, a very similar effect to just dropping everything but the pistol. :D
I LOVE THE FRAG IN THE MORNING!!

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »
This is what I have done. I choose retta as pistole and SPAS as primary, no secondary. Then as you run throughout the map you will pick up another weapon. The new weapon could be an mp5 or could be an sr8 or anything in between. Sometimes the weapon is empty (curse you empty weapon droppers) and sometimes it is not. Either way, a very similar effect to just dropping everything but the pistol. :D

yes exactly...makes it more fun to me!   :)