News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Hide yo kids hide yo wife  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Nexus[1up]

• *[1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • Since: 27/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:47 PM »
Yea I've been noticing my skillz are pretty crappy so I need some people to help me practice :) I mainly wanna prac sr8 but autos are fine too. Pick from below on what kinda fight u want to do (some are just for fun)

knives (and nades if ya want)
sr8
auto (NEED AIM HELP + TIPS PL0X!!)

and also if anyone would be willing to just train me in general i'd greatly appreciate :D

"If a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit"
     -Edward Teach (AC IV)

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
     -Altair Ibn-La'Ahad (AC)

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Hide yo kids hide yo wife
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »
Me too Please I need alot of help.

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:08:07 AM »
I'm up for an sr8 only, and I can help you with autos.  8)

When?

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »
If you help me it's when ever is best for both of us.

Offline Sandra

• Since: 14/03/2010
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:56:44 AM »
I can help with SR8 and Knife.
Learn from your parents' mistakes, use birth control!

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

If I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails.

Offline Venom

• Since: 09/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 01:01:15 AM »
I can help you out with autos, if u guys need it.
EX 1UP

Offline Modoki

• Lets make sum asscream'.
  • Since: 13/11/2010
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 03:04:29 AM »
I need help wit autos!!!!  :omg:
>:'D!

Offline Hustler

• Since: 21/12/2010
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 03:38:24 AM »
The best way to train is just to stick to the same gun of about a week or two.

if you have to rely on one weapon for every map, and game type. youll learn to improvise and correct yourself :)

The Future ain't what it used to be.

I punched a tree at the park yesterday and my hand bleeded and I cried. And I love Minecraft even more.

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »
Go to clanbase, ftwgl and any other UrT site/forum that has demos, download and study em, i recommend studying them at timescale .5, at least once and at normal speed at least 2 times, you will see what kind of movements the player does, not talking about aiming with a certain weapon, but more of a "how to play" a certain weapon, i use m4 and lr a bit different than my beloved ak and those are waaay different than how i use other weapons, like sr8 (the few times im in the mood), that helps a lot.

If you want better aiming, thats a tough road, specially since youll have to spend many weeks with different things, for example, what kind of grip do you have on yer mouse? claw? palm?, do you have high or low sensibility? have you learned how to aim with your left hand? if so, how bout a combination between left hand aiming with mouse aiming? there are lots of styles and most of the time its a matter of finding out what works for you, if you want me to explain a bit more and give ya different examples ill be glad, altho a bit of a warning, i am by no means i master player, im still in the process of finding out what works for me on UrT, hell not only in UrT, its been more of a journey since my Wolf:ET years, still ill be happy to share whatever i can if it helps someone else, but yeah, think of it more of a journey than a goal, it may take a lot :).

Good luck.

8)
I like to quit important things. --Eddie

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 10:09:17 AM »
Get a bad internet connection with bad hits for a few months!

Set m_yaw and m_pitch to 0.001 in your config. This increases the number of "grid points" on your screen your crosshair can "snap" to. Doing this will make your sensitivity seem waaaay low. After changing these two settings, I had to set my sensitivity to 45. Not 4.5, fourty-five. The menu slider doesn't go up that far so you'll have to drop down the terminal and use /sensitivity XX.
I played with a sensitivity of 45 for a month then switched to 90. The twitchiness was insane on my high-DPI laser mouse but it gave me precise control - just not so well at high sensitivity. It was basically training for when I dropped to the more reasonable sensitivity of 45. Playing with a high DPI meant I got owned a lot because I'd miss slightly where others did not, but keep at it. When you drop to a lower sensitivity again, you'll be able to snap right to your target hopefully.

Try setting your autos to semi-auto. I know it's not very useful when you get jumped up close, but it'll help you control your firerate for medium to longrange firefights. You'll be able to beat average G36-ers in no time. (obviously those that know how to tap their shots and make it count with the G36 will be more troublesome, so don't expect to pwn everyone)

Clean up your screen. I have the most basic playerlist - just the number of enemy and friendly players alive, because you should be concentrating on killing the enemy and staying alive, not on how high or low your score is. Yes, I do sometimes hit tab to see what my score is throughout the game but I try not to. Coming first doesn't mean you're the best - work on your ratio, not your kills. Getting 50 kills might place you first but it's pointless if you died 40 times. Also, turn off the netgraph and FPS counter - you don't need them to kill. (unless you're diagnosing network issues)

Try a different crosshair - I personally use the smallest dot in either green or white. Look at your crosshair, not your enemy; a small crosshair will make you concentrate harder on it as it's less visible.

Switch off gun visibility - it's just another distraction, especially with muzzle flash. It's stopped me stepping on a few nades sneakily thrown in from the side before, because I can see everything.

If you haven't already, set FOV to 110. I've watched from spec mode enough people get owned because they're using FOV 90 and I can see their enemy off to the side but they can't.

You could also practice your headshots with the Beretta, although this is best done with a small dot crosshair in my opinion. Once you can keep up with everyone else who's using an auto, switch back to your auto of choice and tap your shots like before. As for tapping shots, I'd say the AK is a good choice for practice, as the accuracy is lower and the recoil higher than that of the other autos. Those who can be as accurate with an AK as those with other autos will win, because their gun does more damage. It's tough, and I'm not very good at it, but it's worth a try.

Switch up your weapons a bit, try something you wouldn't usually choose. The UMP45 for example, is the most accurate auto, with same damage as the LR and M4 but pays for its' accuracy through a low fire rate. If you can handle it, it's great for headshot practice; not so great if you get jumped. Some people like the MP5K+silencer+laser combo - low damage but very accurate and very fast fire rate. You won't get so many kills per clip but you'll hear the hitsounds plenty! (Turn hit sounds on if you haven't already - it's a great indication of how much damage you've done to the enemy without having to look at the screen output) The downside of that is you have only one equipment slot left.
All guns feel different to all players. Personally, I can't use an LR with a silencer as I can't count my shots very well, but conversely I prefer the M4 with a silencer as the sound distracts me and again, I don't count my shots.
As a side note, try Quake's recommended scrim loadout - primary, sidearm, kevlar, helmet and your choice of laser/silencer. If you're playing TS you don't need a huge amount of ammo, if you're in a busy server there's ammo all over the floor. I only ever carry a secondary as a sniper now. Also, if you run out of ammo for your primary and spot a different primary on the floor, dump yours and grab it - you should learn how to use all the guns to become a more rounded player. It might keep you alive longer too. 8)

Another optional choice is to reduce the quality of the textures. I find that the lower quality textures end up looking like smooth patches of colour, and find it easier to spot enemies against such a backdrop. It might not work for you and you might prefer the better graphical jazz, but for me I consider it less visual information to process.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline Nexus[1up]

• *[1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • Since: 27/03/2010
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
Me too Please I need alot of help.
Term maybe we could help each other out sometime :D A few matches wouldn't be so bad.

I'm up for an sr8 only, and I can help you with autos.  8)

When?
Ok well I'm available any weekday after six, saturdays after 4, and all day sunday. hbu?

I can help you out with autos, if u guys need it.
yes do need it, especially for when i fail at practice xD when can you help??

"If a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit"
     -Edward Teach (AC IV)

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
     -Altair Ibn-La'Ahad (AC)

Twitch

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »
Yea I've been noticing my skillz are pretty crappy so I need some people to help me practice :) I mainly wanna prac sr8 but autos are fine too. Pick from below on what kinda fight u want to do (some are just for fun)

sr8

and also if anyone would be willing to just train me in general i'd greatly appreciate :D

If you don`t mind. I would be happy to train you. Waiting for a pm if you accept my offer.

Offline ColdBlooded

• newb status since 1994
  • Since: 02/06/2010
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »
im up for an sr8 only. lol but i can also help you on autos lol
Making a new start! :)

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
Chronos I tried to reply to your PM but it said you block them...
FOV can be set in the graphical menu, and you can edit the yaw and pitch in the config.
seta m_yaw "0.001"
seta m_pitch "0.001"

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »

sr8

If you don`t mind. I would be happy to train you. Waiting for a pm if you accept my offer.

ummm...I want this offer!  :P