News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: I need some pointers, any info regarding this its well recieved  (Read 1106 times)

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Im trying to make a video out of some demos ive got, this is my first time doing this and i think its a good project to start learning about this, thing is, there are a lot of guides for this but in windows, so far ive only found this for linux http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4220-make-a-video-of-your-urban-terror-gameplay, does any of you guys have some links that could help me with the technical sides of this project?

As ive said, any info its well recieved :)

8)
I like to quit important things. --Eddie

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
Well, first you need the right video editor. If you're open to spending some money, do so. Most editors, however, don't accept dm_68 (the file type for demos), so you need to record video from your demos (/video in the console, /stopvideo to stop). You can find this in a folder that is created in your q3ut4 folder once you record a video. These are primarily .avi, so you may need a converter depending on the editor you have.

As for technical, I made my Zombie TS advertisement on iMovie, with my Mac. But there's the setup for ya :)

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
Sorry I have no advice for you eddie xD but I cant wait till i can watch the finished project :D
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
Windows movie maker (or whatever its called) is free and works well if you have access to a pc. For linux, I'd ask KD about that..

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
Avidemux.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
Thanks for your replies :)

Ill try that program KD, thanks.

8)
I like to quit important things. --Eddie