News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: NMRiH Realism Server Rules  (Read 3796 times)

Offline RoyalDart30[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 23/07/2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
NMRiH Realism Server Rules
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
Hello again fellow 1up and 1upZ clan members! Yesterday I was re-reading the server rules and a couple of questions came to my mind. Here is a list of the ingame !rules:

[RULES] General. Have fun. Just play the game, and do not make things complicated for everyone.
[RULES] Communication. No Glitching or Spamming the chat, VOIP, or voting areas.
[RULES] Asshattery. [1upZ] bans asshats and assclowns; don't be one!
[1upZ] plays zombie games! Visit [1upZ], a division of [1up] Clan today at: www.1upclan.info/1upZ
[RULES] Reporting Players. Visit 1up Clan at ww.1upclan.info to report players.
[RULES] VIP Access. Become VIP here by joining [1upZ]. Apply on our website.

My doubts can be summed up on two main questions: When one says no glitching, does he mean for example a bug that would give one an unfair advantage, such as a bug that would give you god mod? Or something like doing a certain action that would unlock an area of the map before it is supposed to?
I'd also like to know what is the current policy on team killing.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:25:56 PM by RoyalDart30[1upZ] »

Offline Starling[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] Zombie
  • Your words are as empty as your future.
  • Since: 27/02/2015
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: NMRiH Realism Server Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
I agree entirely with Royal, I know some ways of getting to different parts of the maps without doing the objectives required to unlock it, when doing so it allows me to finish the upcoming objectives before hand, making it easier for everyone to get through the map, if I am breaking the rules please let me know and I'll stop it immediately ;D

Offline Fusion[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • For every task, there's a perfect tool
  • Since: 31/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Dem Cupcakes bro
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
team killing.

So far I played two rounds of NMRiM, I disconnected mid-way through one and got tk'd on the other at the beginning of the round. so my experience of NRMiH so far is 95% spectating and 5% gaming until I get hit by a shovel.

To sum up, team killing should be disabled

-Fighting without hope is no way to live, its just another way to die
-Insert inspirational comment here
Free Cupcakes

• *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »
Correct. Though I must say that if you are on a realism server, once you die you are unable to respawn (if you are on a nmo map, that is). Classic servers allow some "respawn" points. In any case, I must say I stand on the middle on this one for two main reasons:

1- If it's in the game, then why not do it? Specially the infected ones that never inform their team mates.
2- Despite being in the game, killing someone that is about to be extracted, infected or not, is a bit of a douche move.

Offline Starling[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] Zombie
  • Your words are as empty as your future.
  • Since: 27/02/2015
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »
team killing.

So far I played two rounds of NMRiM, I disconnected mid-way through one and got tk'd on the other at the beginning of the round. so my experience of NRMiH so far is 95% spectating and 5% gaming until I get hit by a shovel.

I can see where your coming from, I've been team killed plenty of times, but in my opinion it shouldn't be disabled. Yeah it sucks to get bashed in the head, and just spectate the rest of the round, but it'll afterwards make you more cautious of getting infected. If you think about it, in a situation where you would happen to turn while you and your team mates are surrounded by zombies that would be a a problem, you would could cost the team the evacuation, and it would be so much hard work lost. In some cases, if you just happened to get infected than you shouldn't get team killed immediately, you could find some pills or gene therapy. Also if you've almost completed the map and you'd still be able to make it to evac you shouldn't be team killed.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »
1. Team Killing. The only option is to use this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=232902

2. Glitching. This should be determined by the admin on duty at the time. There are lots of alternative ways to go through ChinaTown, but very few things that matter for glitching purposes.
In other games, for example, glitching occurs when a player reaches areas outside of the map into the void, or goes behind a wall to get stuck (causing some oddity on the server or interferes with game play).

• *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
Alright. Thank you for claryfing it.

If that plugin is implemented, then I guess TeamKilling would be made against the rules due to the "punishment" system? I think it is a fair system which allows the victim to decide if his/her death was an accident or on purpose, and I think it would be quite an unique feature to have on 1upZ servers.

Offline Fusion[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • For every task, there's a perfect tool
  • Since: 31/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Dem Cupcakes bro
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
team killing.

I can see where your coming from, I've been team killed plenty of times, but in my opinion it shouldn't be disabled. Yeah it sucks to get bashed in the head, and just spectate the rest of the round, but it'll afterwards make you more cautious of getting infected. If you think about it, in a situation where you would happen to turn while you and your team mates are surrounded by zombies that would be a a problem, you would could cost the team the evacuation, and it would be so much hard work lost. In some cases, if you just happened to get infected than you shouldn't get team killed immediately, you could find some pills or gene therapy. Also if you've almost completed the map and you'd still be able to make it to evac you shouldn't be team killed.

The problem with the TK i had, it was at the start of the round everyone was going round getting simple kills etc, in which someone ran up to me and pummelled me to death. I was new to the game so idk if its normal or why it happens, still might wait for someone to coach me sometime, cba to spend 30 mins waiting and then 2 mins playing until I make a mistake someone could tell me about in the future. But for now I need to focus on uni work so i wont bother for another 2 months or so

-Fighting without hope is no way to live, its just another way to die
-Insert inspirational comment here
Free Cupcakes

• *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
You were playing on a server with FF enabled and clearly some trolls were online. It's not like that on every server, specially not 1upZ's public/realism. On those servers the only way to TK someone is if they are infected and if the punishment system gets implemented, shooting your teammate will be a bad idea. In any case, if you'd like to try out NMRiH sometime just PM me and I'll play with you!

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
I have not played for a long time. After my vacation, when I return next week, I'm going to do some work on those two NMRiH servers. I'll probably add the plugin for TK anyway, and maybe some other stuff for map rotation, etc.

• *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »
That sounds awesome, thank you very much. Maybe a few new maps? Also there's a few bugs I can point out for you if you wish.

Offline Der Vampir

• The #1 Hedonistic Enigma
  • *[1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 01/09/2014
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:31:57 PM »
Im looking forward to that tk plugin. Cause half the time when i ask somone why they tked they wont answer cause their ping is 9999 and dont understand what im saying. Anyways i think itll be good to have it in. Ive seen it on some other servers and it does the job.