News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Poll

Do you think that the /kill command should be allowed to be used in excess on zombie servers?

No. It should be illegal.
17 (68%)
Maybe. It's kind of annoying.
2 (8%)
Yes. I think it should be legal.
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 04, 2012, 09:52:36 AM

Author Topic: /kill command  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: /kill command
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
Emo zombies?  ???
Maybe add a script that kicks those that use the /kill command more than once an hour from the server, just for an hour so the command does not get abused.

I do not even play on the zombie servers, even though I have tried them a while back.
Abusing a suicide command is in my opinion cowardly.  Either play the game or play another server.

Funny thing is, I did not know about the command, and could have used it about two weeks ago in the TDM Fun server when I was stuck next to a wall and could not move.  I was unstuck by being killed by the other team so I could respawn.  I never told anyone I was stuck, but continued to kill the other team when they came near.  I was eventually killed which allowed me to jump around and nade once again.  I have not been able to recreate the stuck bug, so I never reported it.  It was probably just a random glitch.

Edit: I did not vote, only because there is a legit reason for the command, but abuse of the command should be dealt with.  So, how would I select an answer?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:18:23 PM by Cope57 »

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline King Whistle[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • Whistle always wins!
  • Since: 17/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
Emo zombies?  ???
Maybe add a script that kicks those that use the /kill command more than once an hour from the server, just for an hour so the command does not get abused.

I do not even play on the zombie servers, even though I have tried them a while back.
Abusing a suicide command is in my opinion cowardly.  Either play the game or play another server.

Funny thing is, I did not know about the command, and could have used it about two weeks ago in the TDM Fun server when I was stuck next to a wall and could not move.  I was unstuck by being killed by the other team so I could respawn.  I never told anyone I was stuck, but continued to kill the other team when they came near.  I was eventually killed which allowed me to jump around and nade once again.  I have not been able to recreate the stuck bug, so I never reported it.  It was probably just a random glitch.

Edit: I did not vote, only because there is a legit reason for the command, but abuse of the command should be dealt with.  So, how would I select an answer?
Were you in Riyahd? I get stuck in a glitch there all the time climbing the ladders

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »
Emo zombies?  ???

I am asking to limit the the use of /kill for zombie servers, not 1up Fun or Super Ts or any other 1up servers. And I'm not asking to completely disallow it. Instead, just to make it illegal to spam it like so many players do nowadays. I would just like to change it to make it against the rules for excess use.

Also, your idea for a script command that only lets you use it like once and hour is a good idea. But if developing that takes too much time or effort, then just makeing it against the rules to spam /kill would be just as good.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
To farther iterate, I'm not asking to completely disallow /kill. It has practical purposes such as getting out of a glitched spot like you stated Cope57, or using it to demo someone at the beginning of the round.

It's just the fact that countless people use it when on the servers and it takes away from the game. Just like team killing or other forms of asshatery.

Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
ok this vote is pointless  /kill will NOT be removed from the servers

Sniper, I know you get irritated when people automatically die right in front of you, and you don't get the kill.

Trust Me, I know. ;)

Offline SeSko

• Since: 13/07/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 03:35:44 AM »
Flame[1up] said it's not easy but it's possible to solve this problem( make the slash kill illegal or no more /kill ) so if you convince Ron that it should be done it will be done.

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »

Sniper, I know you get irritated when people automatically die right in front of you, and you don't get the kill.

Trust Me, I know. ;)

most ppl only do it if they are getting spammed by 2 or 3 players same as me. All removing /kill will do is run off the little bit of players we still have. Every time we remove or change something we loss players so go ahead finish killing r servers  so you can have better stats. I think what we need to do is turn off xlrstats. I get sick of seeing !xlrstats every 2 seconds we also need to turn off the  !challenge. I had to mute every 1 on the server the other day every one was spamming it and making the server  lag 

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 12:28:39 AM »
If there is no xlrstats then we will lose way more players than what you think we'll lose by getting rid of /kill.

Playing for fun is good and all, but it gets boring if you have nothing to strive for. That's the reason why we have xlrstats. So people can compete for the top positions and scores. Whats the point of playing if you don't have something to show for it? This is why things like sports award trophies to winning teams and document them in record books.

And once again, if you continue to state to not care about stats, then why, why, do you use /kill, denying the person who was about to kill you of a point. You're contradicting yourself.  ???

Reason goes to show only the noobs who care about stats use /kill anyways, thus saving their stats by losing less points.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:34:11 AM by Dynasty[1up] »

Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Re: /kill command
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »
If there is no xlrstats then we will lose way more players than what you think we'll lose by getting rid of /kill.

Playing for fun is good and all, but it gets boring if you have nothing to strive for. That's the reason why we have xlrstats. So people can compete for the top positions and scores. Whats the point of playing if you don't have something to show for it? This is why things like sports award trophies to winning teams and document them in record books.

And once again, if you continue to state to not care about stats, then why, why, do you use /kill, denying the person who was about to kill you of a point. You're contradicting yourself.  ???

Reason goes to show only the noobs who care about stats use /kill anyways, thus saving their stats by losing less points.
We can just edit the stats so that the /kill counts

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline DoLT*[1up]

• Regulating since 1985
  • *[1up] KF Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 15/07/2011
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »
Make every /kill drop their skill points by 10

-grannies are pernonin noobs

Offline Fusion[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • For every task, there's a perfect tool
  • Since: 31/10/2011
    • Dem Cupcakes bro
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 02:43:05 AM »
How about each /kill makes their deaths rise by 10?

-Fighting without hope is no way to live, its just another way to die
-Insert inspirational comment here
Free Cupcakes

Offline SeSko

• Since: 13/07/2011
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Re: /kill command
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 04:01:34 AM »

We can just edit the stats so that the /kill counts

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
great idea!

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
We can just make a B3 plugin that deletes the stats of people who use the /kill x number of times in x number of minutes.

Offline Lancer

• Uno es lo que uno Hace....
  • Since: 05/09/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
/kill command
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »

Trust Me, I know. ;)

most ppl only do it if they are getting spammed by 2 or 3 players same as me. All removing /kill will do is run off the little bit of players we still have. Every time we remove or change something we loss players so go ahead finish killing r servers  so you can have better stats. I think what we need to do is turn off xlrstats. I get sick of seeing !xlrstats every 2 seconds we also need to turn off the  !challenge. I had to mute every 1 on the server the other day every one was spamming it and making the server  lag

Sniper is right!
Always had his back, always will,
In zombie mods, a win is a win, don't live by xlrstats.
On fun server when you have low stamina and health you use /kill, same in ctf. In super ts it could be used to piss people off, but who cares?!?

Just play the game while it is still somewhat popular

Offline Briguyt4[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 16/01/2011
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »
Umm...People abuse it and use it for THEIR stats since it doesn't take away from them.  ::)